Note: Zondervan provided me with a free copy of this book for review purposes all opinions are my own.
Our Presidents Rock! is a great book for anyone wanting a good book on all the presidents of the United States. Each president has about 7 pages each filled with information about the president and his presidency.
The way the book is set up is to be able to get information fast yet reliable. This is a great way to get information into teenagers who are used to a Facebook and Twitter society.
Each president has the information broken down into these sections:
- The Bottom Line - Here you can find a 2 sentence overview of the presidents accomplishments during his time in office.
- What Were they Thinking? - Here you can find a quick explanation of the presidents viewpoints.
- Why Should I Care? - Here you will find out why you should learn about and understand the policies of the past presidents.
- Breakin' it Down - Here you will find out about the presidents life before he became president.
- Presidency - Here you will find out about his actual time in office as President.
- What Has He Done for Me Lately? - Here you will see how the president's accomplishments shaped our country and influence our lives today.
- Quick Facts - You will find all sorts of quick facts scattered all through the pages about each president.
When I first saw this book I knew I had to look at it. As a homeschooling mom, I am always looking for books to use in our home school. Over the years, I have gotten several books on the Presidents, but none of them really made me say wow! This book is the exception. This one definitely says wow! I am not the only one in the family who thinks so. I have had a hard time keeping this book in my possession over the past week because everyone else wants to look at it and read it. Even our 20 year old has run off with it.
We have all loved reading about a few presidents. Some of the things we liked about this book is looking at the election results for each president. We like how it is simple to read and how they show a map of what states voted for who.
I liked how they have a page named Presidential Times. This page looks like a newspaper and has several little articles on it about the president. Then there is a box that says State of the Union on this page. This box contains several stats. They are:
- How many states at the time.
- Population at the time.
- What $1 was worth during the beginning and end of their presidency.
- What the United States debt was.
I am really impressed with this book and we are going to be adding it to our home school curriculum. Juliette Turner also has another book out about the constitution called Our Constitution Rocks! I can't wait to get that book because if it is anything like this book I know our family will love it.